A Hand With Many Fingers
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
ABOUT THIS GAME
A Hand With Many Fingers is a first-person investigative thriller. While searching through a dusty CIA archive you uncover a real Cold War conspiracy. Every document you find has new leads to research. But the archive might not be as empty as you think…
- Slowly unravel a thrilling historical conspiracy
- Discover new clues through careful archival research
- Assemble your theories using corkboard and twine
- Experience a story of creeping paranoia
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The archive is sorted by name, date, and location. Finding new clues requires all three pieces of info (e.g. Frank Nugan, 1980, Australia). Every detail you need to know is hidden somewhere in the archive. But you’ll only find them if you know who was involved, when it happened, and where it took place. Average playtime for the game is around 1-2 hours.
To make this game as accessible as possible, it's available for two different prices. If you can afford it, please pay the full price of
$10 $5. If not, please pay what you can down to a minimum of $1.
PRAISE FOR THE GAME
"A thriller about a few hours in the life of an archival researcher is somehow one of the most compelling experiences I’ve had in a long time." - Unwinnable
"It’s a fantastic concept which delivers a very unique and authentic feeling take on investigative work." - Alpha Beta Gamer
"[This game] illustrates the quiet fervour of trying to understand something much bigger than yourself – a web of obscure moving parts and shady characters who have, to this day, never been convicted of a crime." - IndieGameWebsite
WINDOWS: This game runs on fairly low-tier hardware. If you're experiencing poor performance, try changing the quality settings to Low, reducing the screen resolution, and turning off Ambient Occlusion and Anti-Aliasing.
MAC: Because of security changes made in the Catalina update, this game will not run on Mac unless you take some extra steps.
LINUX: This game will probably only work on 64-bit versions of Linux. If you'd like to test the game on a 32-bit version, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a download key. Otherwise, it may be playable through Steam Play.
If you're having technical issues, please email me at email@example.com for support and/or a refund.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Patch Notes - v1.02Aug 23, 2020
- Patch Notes - v1.01Jun 15, 2020
- A Hand With Many Fingers wins at the 2020 Freeplay Awards!!!Jun 14, 2020
- A Hand With Many Fingers released!Jun 09, 2020
- Release date announced!May 26, 2020
- Gameplay trailer for A Hand With Many FingersApr 21, 2020
- Demo for A Hand With Many Fingers!Feb 13, 2020
- New conspiracy investigation game!Jan 28, 2020